Have you recently purchased a Microsoft Office product and wondering how to register or link it with your Microsoft account? Well, in that case, you should not get worried about doing this because this instructional guideline is going to help you. To register your product with your Microsoft account, it is important to go to office.com/setup and create a new Microsoft account.
Here's how to register your product
After successfully installing the Microsoft product on your device, you can proceed with the product registration procedure by following the steps that are mentioned in the section below:
1. First, open one of the preferred Microsoft applications on your PC
2. Now, you need to click on the "Help" option
3. Followed by this, select "Activate Product"
4. Then, click on the "Activate by using the Internet" option
5. From the available drop-down choose your country and click "OK"
6. Wait for the communication process to complete
7. As soon as the process completes, you will see a confirmation on your screen
8. Click on the "Ok" option on this message prompt
9. Now, your screen will display a form which you need complete
10. In the end, you just have to submit the application form
Activating an Office Purchase or Free Offer and Setting up a Microsoft Account
Make sure there is an Internet connection so that Windows can activate and detect the Office purchase.
Go to Start > Word.
Activate should be the only option that is shown. If prompted for a product key and you know you paid for Office.
Follow the prompts to complete the activation process.
As part of this process, create or specify a Microsoft account to associate with Office.
Note: If you purchased the PC on Lenovo.com or online, the email address used for the purchase does not automatically link to the version of Office on the machine. You must establish or associate your email address with a Microsoft account.
Remember this account so that you can reinstall Office on this PC in the future, or install Office on additional computers or devices if you have an Office 365 subscription.
If you have an existing Office 365 subscription, be sure to specify the Microsoft account that is associated with the subscription if you want to extend your existing subscription instead of starting a new one.